Saturday, May 29, 2010

Waiting For Baby

Our due date for Baby #2 (sex to be determined) has come and gone, and now we're at D-day plus 6. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, because Maren was 8 days late, but I thought 2nd babies might arrive sooner. In any case, we've been enjoying our time with Maren and hanging near home lately.


Here's Maren in her car on a sunny day. She calls it her "Subaru."

And in the bubble bath with lots of toys!

It's been hard to plan anything and we've been taking it day-by-day. We haven't even planned what's for dinner each night, and have taken advantage of Baby's late arrival to go out to eat a couple of times. We love Indian food and tried to spice it up to encourage Baby to come out! To our surprise, Maren really liked the food too (we didn't give her the spiciest dish) - she tried different things and ate everything on her plate!

We've talked a lot with Maren about Baby's imminent arrival, and she seems to understand that there's a baby in my belly that will soon come out. She goes back and forth about whether it's a boy or a girl each day that we ask - mostly she says it's a "baby," because that seems to be a different category to her, apart from boys and girls, who are older kids.


We think I'm not quite as big in the belly as I was with Maren, but at the same time, I'm not sure I can get much bigger!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice updates. Looks like a boy to me, but I was wrong the first time. Hope baby, Shrimp #2 Schalla is born soon. I guess patience is the name of the game.